Goulburn & District Race Club operates, manages and maintains a racing facility for the enjoyment of members, their guests and the general public. Situated on 45 hectares of open green space, we see the environment as a core value. We are committed to proactively managing our interaction with the environment by establishing standards of environmental excellence.
Our Club's policy is to :
1. Incorporate environmental responsibilites and accountabilities into every aspect of our operation.
2. Ensure all staff and contractors are aware of this policy.
3. Establish and maintain an environmental management system designed to meet or go beyond regulatory requirements. We will also encourage our contractors and suppliers to achieve our standards.
4. Maintain monitoring and reporting systems to audit and report on our environmental performance by promoting continual improvement to achieve our environmental objectives and targets.
5. Communicate with our community and interested parties on our environmental performance.
6. Provide our staff with environmental educational and training programs to ensure their commitment to environmental responsibility.
7. Identify opportunities to prevent pollution, minimise waste, save energy and conserve natural resources.
8. Annually review this Policy.
The Race Club's senior management and all staff are responsible for ensuring this Policy is implemented.